How to get here, and other details of the day
Hawick, on the A7
Hawick lies between Carlisle and Edinburgh on the A7
It is approximately 40 miles north of Carlisle and
50 miles south of Edinburgh.
Hawick Rugby Football Club: Hawick TD9 8AW
Mansfield Park: Hawick RFC
The rugby club is at the bottom of Mansfield Road.
The A7 in the above map is indicated in green.
What will happen on the day
- Starting at 9am from Hawick Rugby Club, the total distance for the long challenge is 104 miles, and takes in the Tibetan monastery.
- The longer route
takes in the climbs of Bonchester Hill; The Note o the Gate; Holm Hill; Eskdalemuir; The Berry Bush; The Swire; Woll Rig and The Leap Linns.
Berry Bush, and Swire are part of the Gordon Arms Trophy Hilly TT course.
- The shorter route turns for home afer the Newcastleton feed stop and
follows a pleasant but challenging run back to Hawick.
- The Start and finish is at Hawick Rugby Club where Changing etc
will be provided.
- The Event Village - again at the excellent facilities of Hawick Rugby Club - hosts the Grand Depart, where hot rolls
and drinks are available prior to the start at 9am. Sign on is at 7.30am.
- Event control will close at 7pm, allowing a
10mph average speed.
The routes themselves
Contact the organisers
You can contact Hawick Cycling Club through this organiser:
Hamish Smith, East Bank House,
HAWICK TD9 9HW, 01450-372294
More about Hawick Cycling Club
For further information about Hawick Cycling Club, contact:
Lorraine Wallace, 01450-374966